Entries for 2019 Are Now Open!
Entries for this year's ITDCBR Art Competition and Exhibition are now open with the chance to win up to $500 and have your work included in the exhibition 🎨
This year's theme: A sense of home
- Eligibility: You must be a renter in the ACT, Canberra (that includes: uni accommodation, boarders, private rental,
renting through a real estate agent etc.)
- Entry forms due: 20th September 2019
- Artworks delivered to Tenants Union ACT (21 Barry Drive, Turner 2612) latest: 26th September 2019
- Winners announced 19 October 2019 at the exhibition awards event at Tuggeranong Arts Centre
- Cash prizes: $500 first, $300 second, $200 third, $150 photo and $100 people's choice
- Exhibition dates: 3 - 26th October at Tuggeranong Arts Centre
For more information and enquiries, contact Georgia at | 6247 1026
Since 2007 the exhibition has grown to become an important part of the annual community arts calendar in Canberra.
For this year’s Exhibition & Competition we were delighted to invite Canberra renters to submit an artwork that responds to the theme A sense of home. This exhibition celebrates strength in community and it's connection to the senses.
Please vote for your favourite artwork in our 'People’s Choice', for your chance to win a $50 voucher!
The voucher ballot will be drawn at the exhibition awards event (dates and times TBA).
The exhibition also incorporates the We Rent Portrait Project. We Rent is an initiative of the Tenants' Union ACT in collaboration with local photographers, that aims to give a face and voice to the diverse community of renters in Canberra. The We Rent series showcases beautiful black and white portraits of Canberrans living in their homes, along with short interviews about what 'home' means to them. For more information go to the We Rent page.