Acoustic Soup: People, Pets, Place
When: Wednesday 27 September, 7pm
Cost: Students & Food Co-op members $8/general public $12
See www.facebook.com/events/948260381999311 for more info
For the fourth year in a row, we've teamed up with the Acoustic Soup team to celebrate International Tenants’ Day! Come along for a night of live music, food and community spirit! On the menu will be yummy soup and bread, desserts and chai.
Doors open at 7pm. Students and members $8, general public $12. Free Admission through volunteering! If you are interested in volunteering on the night, please email email@example.com.
More than one third of Canberra residents rent their homes, and ITD is all about celebrating the diverse and vibrant community of renters in our city.
- Tessa Divine: She's immediately mesmerising and unexpected. Looped guitar harmonies knitted with sublime soprano harmonies, the intricacy of her songs magical.
- Happy Axe: Emma Kelly's new solo project Happy Axe uses violin, musical saw, vocals, digital manipulation, looping and effecting to create layers of sound.
- The Kaemans: We are an Indie-post industrial Eco-synth Band on the Canberran stage ready to make it to the top of the global charts. Kaeman Saw Kaeman Conquered.
- Wilhelm Dream: An acoustic duo with Matthew Lord and Clare Freeman at the helm - they have been playing on and off around Canberra over the last 2 and half years, singing boy-girl harmonies atop folky fingerpicked guitar work. They spend most of their gigs wading through a mix of jazz and folk covers, with a few originals snuck into the mix.
- Alexander Pecenko: I am a first year student at the ANU School of Music and have been playing piano for about 14 years. My background is in classical piano and I have played and studied under private tuition and at the ANU School of Music a variety of classical pieces by composers as diverse as Scarlatti and Chopin. For this acoustic soup event I intend to perform the Mozart Sonata in A minor K. 310 and Schubert Impromptu in Gb major op 90/3.